What We Believe
- We believe that the Bible is the inspired Word of God, absolutely sufficient and without error in all that it says, and the only final authority to guide the conscience of the Christian in all matters of faith and practice.
- We believe that God is the only holy, self-sufficient, all-knowing, all-powerful, ever-present, good, just, loving, wrathful, merciful, faithful, and kind Creator and Sustainer of all that is; that He perfectly ordains all of the affairs of history and that He does all for His own glory.
- We believe that this God is the Trinity - one God in three co-eternal, simultaneous Persons, equal in essence, yet distinct in role and relationship: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- We believe that the first man violated the law of God and through this abuse of his will plunged the entire human race into sin, death, and judgment, so that we are all born into a state of rebellion against God and helpless to make any move toward God apart from grace.
- We believe that the God-man, Jesus Christ, took on flesh, came into history to perfectly obey the law and perfectly pay the penalty for sin on behalf of His people, that He therefore lived a sinless life, died a death as a substitute for sinners, and rose bodily on the third day vindicating His deity and His work on the cross.
- We believe that sinners are saved by grace alone, through faith alone, in the merits of Christ alone. This means that the only way that spiritually dead enemies of God can be saved is if God does it as a gift, through our trusting in the Son's finished work on the cross, at which point God imputes His righteousness over to our account.
- We believe that the Holy Spirit alone causes sinners to be born again so that we repent and exercise saving faith, that He not only indwells every believer, but that He also empowers us for service, giving us gifts for building up the body, and that He transforms our desires and actions so that we are made more like Christ every day.
- We believe that there is one church - holy, apostolic, and universal across the world and throughout history. This church is the bride and body of Christ and it exists to glorify God through the uncompromising preaching of the gospel and passionate expansion of His kingdom in this age.
- We believe that Jesus is coming again in the glory of His Father and with His angels to bring the saints together with Him and judge the world. This is the consummation of all things in which this age passes away, and the age to come sees the wicked sentenced to everlasting judgment with the devil and the righteous brought into everlasting fellowship and joy with God.